Today we presented our Google Projects in band. My presentation was fine, aside from the fact that it was slightly too long. Many of the other projects were fun and enjoyable to watch.
Overall, I'm glad that we did the Google Project in band, and I think my product, if not the most musical, is still pretty interesting. These projects allowed us to optimize our creativity and demonstrate what we can do if left without instruction (a skill that is quite useful in the real world). If the option arises to do them during second semester, I would probably opt to do so.
The one complaint/problem with the Google projects is the time commitment. Class workdays weren't all that productive for me because I needed a piano, and I spend much more than 20% of my practice time working on the project. It seems as if other people also spend a lot more time than they predicted on their projects. However, I still think the projects were a worthwhile experience overall.
Your project was awesome; it's really hard to play piano AND trumpet at the same time!
ReplyDelete